Friday, February 26, 2010

flying.

While sitting in the plane about 10 minutes from landing, I looked out my window down at the city lights and all the cars driving and realized how many people actually live in just Los Angeles.
There were countless houses, tons of cars streaming down every highway, each containing one or more people with lives just as complete and significant, and insignificant, as my own. And each of the nearly ten million people I was looking down at sees from their own set of eyes just like me.

Going through our daily lives, its easy to get to thinking that our world is The World. Seeing and experiencing everything from the one perspective we have, we're fooled into thinking that our lives are more important than anything else anyone else could be experiencing.
But looking out that window at Los Angeles, whose inhabitants only make up about 0.15% of the entire world population (yes, I did just look up the statistics on Google and calculate the percentage with my calculator), I felt infinitesimally small, powerless, and nonessential.
Praise to El Roi, the God who Sees each and every one of the 6,692,030,277 lives that inhabit the world.

1 comment:

  1. i love how you looked up the statistics.
    LOLLLLL



    that's the michelle i know

    but i thought this post was really interesting and kind of like.. WOAH in that way how we make up not even one percent of the population. woahwoahwoah.

    so weird, yet amazing that God has that power.

    ReplyDelete